Sunday, July 26, 2015

Leg 2: South Dakota - Omaha



Not far from Rapid City, we visited Wall Drug Store and got a delicious Dr. Pepper float.




One more state line...welcome to Iowa!


Iowa was beautiful, but we didn't stay long. Hello Nebraska.


Our first stop was the Winter Quarters Temple. It's a beautiful, little temple that only had 2 sessions on weekdays. It was so neat being in that temple. I'm sure our pioneer ancestors who lived here, passed through here, and even died here, are thrilled looking down at this gorgeous temple on the grounds made sacred by them.

We only spent one night in Omaha. The next day we got up early to see the Winter Quarters Visitors Center and the Pioneer Cemetery on the temple grounds. It was gorgeous and green and rainy.

While we were going through the visitors center, I came across this quote from my 3rd great grandmother...


Lovisa Jenne Roundy crossed the plains; her journal is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. After seeing this quote, I'm thinking I need to pull that journal out again.



No comments:

Post a Comment